Friday, September 5, 2008

Draft of Last Words

The last words are a pack of words which are so difficult to write!


Try this. You need to describe the love between you and the club and summarize a whole year's stuffs into words. 

The thoughts of it made my head swirl again.

Anyway, I did it anyway. I wasted half day writing these and when I took a look on senior's last words. I felt that I did it wrongly. That is why i am posting it here. Since I do not want to waste 975 words of LOVE into the recycle bin!

==========================

If I would have to choose the year where my life is the most enjoyable, I would choose 2007. The year when I joined Camp Eagle and all the way till EXCO. The tears we shed and the joy we shared were everlasting. So vivid the memory is that I thought it has been around just days ago.

I clearly remember the first day of FMO when the bubbly face Jewelry first break the ice between us and make friend with me. The day when we started the journey towards excellence.

Although Seniors have not made life easy for us, I thanked them for making me “tahan” throughout and really trained us to become the true Ironman. As the saying goes, “When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.”

The days where there were no worries and just enjoyed fully. We went eating almost every night. Waiting for our beloved ICs to get their things done and guide us to the next step. James, Weini, Guang Yun, Jewelry, Tommy, Joyce, Priscilla and Regina. The night after 6pm was always what we desired the most every day. The time we interact and the time we play so hard that eventually we felt so glued to NYP instead our home. That’s when I know the truth of the slogan of NYP and that time. “Where I belong”

After we “graduated”, we split into the different events. Xtreme Venture, Voiceout, Bandzout and Phat Nite. I remember I was appointed ICs for XV and I messed it up.

Though it might seems doubtful, the lousy IC wants to thank Erny for that wonderful commitment at that point of time that without you, there would be a mess to my Logistics stuff. The one who always stays around until late night just to organize it properly.

Eeling the one who was my communicator between the ICs and comm. I thanked you for aiding me to the success of XV.

Tobias, Regina and Jade for their precious time to come down to make our one and only Penguin mascot.

Despite of having repeated post, Richard did his best and created amazing games for XV which pleases all participants. I love it personally too. Thank you all.

Voiceout was the time when there were two monks were born. Guang Yun and I. Such a straightforward who agrees on cutting botak with me. It was a fantastic period of time when we were being shoot together and being touch on the head together. It was unforgettable.

Voiceout allows me to enjoy the full flow of a “theatre” like atmosphere and I like it. Concerts and stuffs interest me and I am pleased that they allowed me to help them in the comm. Raymond’s legend story was born at that point of time who he single handedly handles all cue sheets on hand and ran VO so smooth that Senior Chuan Lim was speechless.

The melody adds up on the perfect English that brings out the X factor of the singer was none other than Yong Liang who took up the position to be the “Emcee for tonight”

Tommy and Weini who make the effort to create the fabulous props which were created by Kenneth and Charlene.

Props making day can be said to be the most enjoyable day throughout the event period. The time where bonding and working takes place all together.

Bandzout. The event which went in turmoil was being supported by many sub comm. Such as Tommy, James, Weini, Priscilla, Guang Yun, Yong Liang and etc..

The publications legend story was set when the large backdrop was designed. The astonishment look on all the faces were forgiven because the creator of all these knew that we made an impact on them. That’s what art is all about.

Mai shines on BO too. That energetic and optimistic mind of her makes everyone feels comfortable around her. To do props making without suddenly turns so dull.

Everyone faces challenges and Jolyn and Mai went out of their comfort zone and went to search for the supplier.

Lucinda managed to keep all sub comm. Made them the CC and coordinates everyone to the best. Her patience and calm tone allows conversation to start easily and no one were complaining about it.

Despite all challenges, Bandzout went on successfully and you can see the relieved in everyone’s face that it went on well and glad that the efforts paid off “fair” enough.

The amazing booth design to the priceless backdrop, it can said that the legend lies with the members of the pub who is none other than Daniel, Charlene and Kenneth (Creators).

Jafni did a great job by keeping the participants at bay and made BO a success. Guang Yun, as a sub comm. Helped in another way. He was appointed to be the Emcee. His quick thinking allows him to react fast and keeps the audiences “alive”.

Phat Nite which was run by the two committed persons, Jeffery and Nana, with the assistance of Guang Yun, Priscilla, Aidah, Ruby, Alyssa, Jewelry and Chee Wei. With this pool of talents, Phat Nite was ran with ease. The F&B was fantastic with the unique drinks created and Publication decorated the place and made the place so similar to the real clubbing place.

When we became the EXCOs, we had succeeded on doing Sports Champ, Xmas Querade and Camp Euphoric. Despite all the rows we had, we stick together. That shows the relation between the club and us. It’s inseparable. We were reluctant to pass down at first, the feeling of leaving the room which is considers as a second home to us.

EXCOs, you are like a kin to me. Regardless what happens next, I hope that we can still meet up, share our troubles and suffer together. “One for all, all for one”